Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM)
HECMs are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) for seniors who are interested in utilizing the equity from their current property. With a reverse mortgage, you get a loan product where the lender “pays” you. In other words, this program takes part of your home equity and converts it into cash which will then be disbursed either as monthly payments or in a lump sum for and to you. It’s your cash and you get to choose how you use it.
- Must be 62 years or older
- Own your home or possess a low mortgage payment that can be paid off at closing, currently live in your home, AND maintain financial stability to be able to pay your property payments (property taxes, insurance and HOA) and other fees
- Property requirements → single family home, 2-4 unit home or FHA approved
- Keep in mind, you are eligible for a HECM regardless of the loan product used to purchase your current home
- Borrower must complete HUD’s helpful counseling session
Our team of loan officers are not just there to help you close on your first home or your last, we are here to help you make the most out of your investment once you own that home. Speak with one of our loan officers today to see if you and your family qualify and the proceeds you can benefit from a reverse mortgage loan.
Reverse Mortgage Highlights
- Utilize the equity from your current property.
- Takes part of your equity and converts it into cash.
- You can choose whether you want the money as a lump sum or broken into monthly payments